Maintenance Management Online Certificate Course
September 10, 2013–June 10, 2014
Although it is too late to attend Modules 1 & 2 of the program, you can register and start with Module 3. You can then finish your certificate next year by taking Modules 1 & 2.
The Online Certificate Program in Maintenance Management consists of three modules, which will help you evaluate your operation; plan, coordinate and schedule maintenance; and properly use preventive and predictive maintenance in your operation. The program is designed for all types of maintenance environments including refineries, chemical plants, factories, mines, large buildings, organizations with many smaller buildings, and all types of mobile fleets. The instructor, Joel Levitt, is a leading trainer of maintenance professionals. He has conducted over 500 training sessions for more than 15,000 maintenance leaders from 3,000 organizations in more than 20 countries. Since 1980 he has been the president of Springfield Resources, a management consulting firm that services clients of all sizes on a wide range of maintenance issues.
Participants in this training program will learn:
- When to outsource
- How and when to in-source
- Planning and scheduling maintenance jobs to improve productivity
- How to make PM (Preventive Maintenance) work for you
- Ideas to manage the stockroom
- How to improve uptime
- How to insure the PM tasks are done as designed and how to design them
- Choosing and using contractors (as a competitive advantage)
- Maximizing benefits from your CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Ways to reengineer maintenance that enhance quality, safety, environmental security and uptime
- How to use financial modeling of maintenance alternatives
- Basics of RCM (Reliability-centered maintenance)
- How to use high technology inspections to make an impact
Who Should Enroll
The certificate will benefit maintenance managers, maintenance directors, superintendents, supervisors, lead hands, CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) managers, planners, engineers and people who are in training for any of these positions. There is also an advantage to training representatives from operations and stockrooms for their perspective and input.
Why Choose an Online Course
There are many advantages to an online course:
- Minimum time away from the workplace
- No travel and related expenses
- Flexible study time and work pace
- Convenient e-mail access to the instructor
Why Choose This Certificate Program
Upon your successful completion of the three program modules, the certificate awarded to you by the University of Kansas will document your specialized education and knowledge in Maintenance Management. It can serve as evidence of your qualifications and competence to present or potential employers.